- It is a chemical element and its symbol is “Au” whose atomic number is 79.
- It is a bright yellow dense, malleable, soft and ductile metal.
- Chemically, it is a transition metal and comes under 11th group in periodic table.
- The properties of gold are unchanged when exposed to air or water.
Gold (III) Bromide:
- Gold Bromide (III) is a dark-red to black crystalline solid.
- It is commonly known as gold (III) bromide, gold tribromide and often called as auric bromide and digold hexabromide.
- The empirical formula is as follows:
Gold (III) Chloride:Advertisement:
- Gold Chloride is also termed as “Auric Chloride”, a chemical compound of gold and chlorine.
- The Roman number in the name specifies that the gold has an oxidation state of “+3” and it is common for the gold compounds.
- It is very hygroscopic and highly soluble in water and ethanol.
- Gold salts are ionic chemical compounds of gold.
- The application of gold compounds to medicine is termed as “aurotherapy” and “chrysotherapy”.
Click here to known more about: Fuel Cell